Self inflicted wounds using cx_freeze
The pain is freezing me. I've been trying to freeze the qchess.py script into a win32 binary, so that windows people don't need to install python. Except I've realised that they will probably install python to enter anyway, since it is the easiest language. HER DURP. I mostly got cx_freeze to work. Fun tip: Unicode strings cause segmentation faults So wrote hacky script to save unicode characters to png files, then use png files in frozen versions. cx_freeze in linux worked amazingly well. For windows... I installed python and cx_freeze in wine... this was probably a mistake, because all the dll files were missing. But I found all the dll files, so that's fixed. qchess.exe works in wine, but can't load python agent programs... because windows doesn't understand #! Well, fuck. Also annoying bug with Tk open file dialog mouse which I cannot be bothered chasing. Tried hacky batch file, but it doesn't work in wine. Will try in Windows 7 soon. PS: Also changed directory structure somewhat. Ironically, using cx_freeze doesn't result in freezing programs!
Showing with 456 additions and 183 deletions